If you are someone who likes the mind-stimulating activities, you should definitely try out crossword puzzles. It is a very enjoyable pursuit as it tests your knowledge and vocabulary at every turn. Getting crossword quiz answers right is a very satisfying and rewarding experience.
The first thing you need to do while dealing with any crossword puzzle is to look at all the clues in order. While doing so, you will know the clues that you have the answer to. You can start by filling in those answers. For the tougher clues, you can use a dictionary or take online help.
Getting help from the dictionary
Using the dictionary is always helpful with crossword puzzles. However, there are different ways through which it can be utilized for finding the answers.
- First and perhaps the most obvious way is to search the definition of a word. The concerned word might have been mentioned in a specific question. Searching in the dictionary can help you get the crossword puzzle answers.
- Another way is to look up the different words that start with the same word or two. This helps in filling up the answers to the questions.
- You can even use the biographical section of the dictionary. You can do that for finding first name of a person whose last name has been mentioned in the puzzle.
- If the puzzle contains clues related to a specific area, you can use the geographical section of the dictionary.
- Lastly, you can search abbreviations sections. This helps in know what a certain part of abbreviated word means.
Using the internet
You can even use the crossword puzzle solver that can be found on the internet. Numerous sites offer solutions to the daily crosswords from popular newspapers. Of course, you can simply use a search engine to search for solutions accordingly.